Thu, Feb 21|
Maggiano's Little Italy
Nursing Empower: Communication and Education on Advanced or Metastatic HR+ and HER2- Breast Cancer
Presented by: Shayma Master Kazmi, M.D., R.Ph Medical Lead of Advanced Oncology, Oncology/Hematology Comprehensive Care and Research Center Philadelphia, PA
Time & Location
Feb 21, 2019, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Maggiano's Little Italy, Park Square, 4 Columbus Ave, Boston, MA 02116, USA
About The Event
Presented By: Shayma Master Kazmi, M.D., R.Ph
Medical Lead of Advanced Oncology, Oncology/Hematology
Comprehensive Care and Research Center Philadelphia, PA
1.5 AMA Category 1 Credit(s) 1.5 ANCC Contact Hour(s) ONCC recertification points
• Complimentary Dinner
• Online personalized nurse quality-improvement
• Downloadable virtual and augmented reality
• Patient case videos
• Intra-activity patient or KNOW patient quizzing
• Reference toolkit
• Describe the unique mechanism of action that CDK 4/6 inhibition provides as oral oncolytic agents in advanced or metastatic HR+/HER2-negative breast cancer.
• Review the role of oral CDK 4/6 inhibitors in the treatment of advanced or metastatic breast cancer.
• Explore the side-effect profiles of the CDK 4/6 inhibitors and toxicity management in the management
of advanced or metastatic HR+/HER2-negative breast cancer.
• Review the oncology nurse’s role in the recognition of breast cancer treatment-related adverse events
while optimizing patient medication persistence.
• Assess ways in which to communicate more openly with patients in order to encourage their
engagement across all aspects of their care.
• Evaluate current data for decision aids and shared decision-making in optimizing patient and
healthcare-team communication and goal-setting
REGISTER NOW: www.MLG-BC.com